open2space has experience building web applications ranging from the very simple to the very complex.
We make use of existing systems if suitable, or create new and custom solutions to fill specific business needs.
Most of our work is used internally by our customers. However, here are some links to samples of public work we have taken part in, or completed ourselves:
- City of Airdrie - We were asked to come up with some simple code to aid the Human Resources team in posting job opportunities. This core code has since been migrated into multiple flavors of the website with only cosmetic changes.
- Calgary Linux Users Group - As long time members of CLUG, we have worked on the website at various times and help to maintain the content management system that drives the site.
- Action Hobby - An existing website was converted to a content management system and utilized bulk migration of CSV based data into custom content types.
- Grover Ponders - A personal blogging site featuring numerous developer tips and how-to articles.
The technologies we may use at any time in our daily efforts:
- PHP, ColdFusion
- Zend Framework
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MS SQL
- jQuery, Prototype
- HTML / CSS
- XML / XSLT / XSL-FOP
- Bash scripting
- PHP Unit Testing
- Embedded Linux
- Apache Web Server
- Subversion / GIT
- Linux Servers
- Networking Engineering
- Hardware procurement and support
- Electronics theory / application (wiring, soldering, etc)